When I joined Unicorn Courtesy Cars, the Weymouth based Chauffeured car Service, I was expected to become a member of the IAM. I’m very glad I was.
Having been a member of IAM for several years now, I would urge anyone who drives to at least attend these meetings.
The best thing for driving that I have EVER done was to attend these meetings and join the IAM. The benefits to driving skills and personal confidence, and….yes sanity while driving…ok – how to prevent stress, is in the content of these talks given by a serving member of the police driving section.
EVERY young person should be encouraged to attend and join…..the roads NEED it!
The next part is taken from the Dorset IAM website
7th, 14th and 21st March, 2012 – Lecture sessions
The above dates have now been confirmed for the series of three Lecture evenings. We are pleased to announce there are still places available on the DCC discount scheme, so there has never been a better time to join the IAM.
IAM Lecture Sessions
Written by Matthew Ames
Saturday, 20 February 2010 18:52
The March 2012 lecture sessions will be taking place on 7th, 14th and 21st March 2012 at Committee Room One, County Hall, Dorchester. For a directions, please see the maps page. For those planning for the future, the September 2012 lectures will be taking place on the 12th, 19th and 26th September at the same location.
The lecture sessions begin at 6:45pm, so please arrive in time to sign in, and get yourself seated. In order to avoid the parking costs, please park in the permit holders spaces in the car park, otherwise you will have to buy a ticket.
- Once you have entered the one-way system at County Hall, drive around 3 sides of the building, following the the red IAM logso/arrows on some of the posts.
- You will pass an entrance on the right marked as “IT Deliveries”.
- Proceed past this, and either park in the next carpark to your right (this is the closest entrance to Committee Room One), or a carpark to the left.
- Ensure you are not in a Pay and Display carpark.
- If all these spaces are full, you may need to perform a repeat lap of County Hall, parking in a larger carpark before the “IT Deliveries” sign on the left.
- Entrance to the Committee Room One, is via a disabled entrance, so look for the a red traffic cone with an IAM logo, and then follow the arrows stuck on the wall.
- When you reach the door, there is a large silver button on the wall to the left of the door.
- Pressing that will automatically open the door.
- Proceed through the doors, and through the first committee room, turn left into the corridor, follow this to the end, where you turn right to enter Committee Room One.
- Once in Committee Room One, please sign in to ensure we can comply with building fire regulations.
- Then sit back and prepare to learn!
All three lecture evenings will cover different topics, so please try and ensure you can attend all of them (although it is not mandatory).
For any further questions, please feel free to contact any of the members of the committee.
Click the image below to see a larger version – useful information.